Follow me on Amara Recipes- Facebook

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Baby Corn Pulao

My mom is a Vegetarian so I'm always trying out something new for her especially when I make Biryani with meat in it for the family. 
I have all the ingredients to make a pulao and I had baby corn on hand so I tried this out. It came out very well and she enjoyed eating it. Kids loved it too.
My baby corn was a little too long so I cut them into pieces but if you can get small ones, use the whole baby corn.

Preparation Time: 10 minutes 
Cook Time: 25 minutes 
Serves : 2-3

Ingredients:
Basmati Rice: 1 cup
Onion : 1 sliced
Turmeric: 1 teaspoon 
Baby corn : 250 gms
Capsicum/Green pepper: 1/2 sliced
Carrot: 1 cut into 1"pieces
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon 
Cilantro: small bunch
Mint: small bunch
Green chilies: 7-8
Salt to taste 
Garam masala: 1 teaspoon 

For tempering:
Cinnamon: 1" stick 
Bay leaf: 1
Shahi jeera : 1 teaspoon 
Green cardamom/Elachi:2

Method:

Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan and add ingredients listed for tempering. Fry for 1 minute. Add onions, turmeric and sauté till they turn translucent.
In the meanwhile, take cilantro, mint and green chilies and grind them into a paste.
Add ginger garlic paste to onion and fry for 30 seconds. Add cilantro paste and fry for 1 minute.
Add all veggies and cook for 5 minutes.
Add 1 3/4 cups of water, garam masala and salt. Bring it to a boil. Add drained rice and bring it to a boil again.
Simmer the stove and close lid. Cook for 10 minutes until rice is done.
Let it rest for 5-10 minutes before opening the lid.
Serve hot with raita.


















No comments:

Post a Comment