Follow me on Amara Recipes- Facebook

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Y -Yalukala Paalu/Cardamom milk

Yalukala Paalu/Cardamom milk is made with 3 simple ingredients milk, cardamom/Elachi/yalukkaya powder and sugar.
This flavored milk tastes amazing both hot and chilled. 
This is one of the flavored milks that brings back childhood memories for me as me and my cousins really enjoyed it.
When I made for my family, everyone really loved both hot and chilled versions.

Preparation Time: 5 minutes 
Cook Time: 30 minutes 
Serves : 2

Ingredients:
Whole milk: 3 cups
Yalukkayalu/Cardamom/Elachi: 12 powdered
Sugar : 5 tablespoons 

Method:

Take milk in a saucepan or a vessel and bring it to a boil, add the powder and sugar. Simmer the milk for 25 minutes and stir in between. 
Strain and serve hot or refrigerate for 4-6 hours and serve chilled.
You pour this milk in Popsicle mould and freeze overnight.









12 comments:

  1. Well, at least someone made a drink with yalakulu. I was fixed on yalakula chai and later changed it as I don't drink tea. Yalukala paalu looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUch an interesting drink, i can have a glass full of this flavourful milk without any fuss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cardamom milk sounds flavorful and a chilled glass of this milk would be an amazing one on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to have this chilled. Popsicle is also a great idea to serve kids...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cardamon has a very pleasing flavor , i love it .nice drink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flavorful drink. Perfect for serving guests.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to drink cardamom milk sometimes.Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a flavorful milk with elaichi. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would prefer a cup of hot milk at night! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Such a flavorful drink using cardamom!

    ReplyDelete