Follow me on Amara Recipes- Facebook

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Maggi Tastemaker

Maggi Tastemaker is the masala packs you get with the Maggi noodles.
My daughter loves Maggi noodles but with lots of soup so I always need extra masala to satisfy her.
I have been trying to make homemade masala as I know what goes in there with natural preservatives rather than all the chemicals.
I came across Arthi's blog and found the recipe, I tried it and after some modifications, got a recipe that is pretty close to the original Maggi out of the box but much more fresh. 
Everyone in the house loved it.

Preparation Time: 10 minutes 
Makes: 1 cup

Ingredients:
Onion Powder: 1 1/2 teaspoons 
Dry Parsley : 1/2 teaspoon 
Garlic powder: 1 1/2 teaspoons 
Coriander powder: 1 1/2 teaspoons 
Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon 
Turmeric: 1/2 teaspoon 
Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon 
Black ground pepper: 1 teaspoon 
Ginger powder: 1/2 teaspoon 
Garam masala: 1 1/2 teaspoons 
Sugar : 3 teaspoons 
Red chili flakes: 2 teaspoons 
Salt: 1 1/2 teaspoons 
Cornflour/Corn starch: 1 teaspoon 
Amchur/Dry mango powder: 1/2 teaspoon 
Tomato soup powder: 1 1/2 tablespoons 

Method:

Take all ingredients in a blender and grind into a fine powder.
Store in an airtight container for upto 3 months.







6 comments:

  1. hi..may I know 1 tsp in grams? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shashi, thanks for visiting my space. 1 teaspoon is 5 grams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Madam, Thank you and happy for your reply. I forgot to mention this: 1 TB in grams? how many months can I keep it fresh shelf life)? Thank You Again..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shashi, your welcome.
      1 tablespoon equals 3 teaspoons. So, it's 15 grams. The shelf life is 3 months.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for your kind reply. Will try and let you know..Thank you

    ReplyDelete