Follow me on Amara Recipes- Facebook

Monday, April 4, 2016

C - Cauliflower Pachhadi/Cauliflower Pickle

Cauliflower Pickle is a very simple recipe to make but it tastes delicious with dosas, rice and I came to know when couple of my friends tried it with veg biryani... 
So, needless to say the curries I made to go with the biryani went as leftovers for them. Of course along with all the remaining cauliflower pickle too.
The way the pickle is made, keeps the cauliflower crunchy yet all the spices are nicely absorbed by the cauliflower enhancing the taste.
You can store in an airtight container for 2 weeks or in a refrigerator for a month.

Preparation Time: 15 minutes 
Cook Time: 10 minutes 
Mixing Time: 5 minutes 

Ingredients:
Cauliflower florets: 4 cups
Oil: 1 cup
Red chili powder: 1/4 cup
Turmeric: 1 teaspoon 
Lemons : 2 large 
Garlic: 10 cloves 
Salt to taste 

To Dry roast :
Aavalu/Mustard seeds : 1 tablespoon
Fenugreek seeds/Mentulu : 1/2 teaspoon 

Method:

Cut the cauliflower in bite size florets. Clean and completely dry them.
Dry roast mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds, cool them off and grind into a fine powder.
Take the garlic in a mortar pestal and chop it roughly.
Mix all ingredients except lemon juice and rest it overnight. Mix the lemon juice from the lemons, mix well and let it rest for couple of hours before tasting.
The pickle can be stored in an airtight container for 2 weeks if it's not all gone by then....















27 comments:

  1. I have never made cauliflower pickle. It is such an interesting variation to the traditional versions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crunchiness of cauliflower in pickles. I also add a bit of sesame powder to the pickle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a nice variation Usha, I have to try adding sesame powder next time.

      Delete
  3. Cauliflower pickle is new to me.It looks very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very interesting version of cauliflower pickle. My mom makes the cooked version, but your version looks much easier. Will have to try this out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting pickle ! Looks simple to make and would definitely add on to the flavor of any meal . Good choice for the alphabet .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is quite interesting. I haven't tried pickling cauliflower. Looks so delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried pickle with cauliflower.Interesting and easy to make. Good one..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pickling using cauliflower is so interesting. I am bookmarking this recipe to try soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very very new to me and would love to try....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to pickle cauliflower..good recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a very delicious looking pickle I too make almost in the same way...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband is a fan of veggie pickles like these .. Am definitely making this . Thanks Amara :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love pickles of all kinds and this one looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have tasted this pickle in my friends place,love the crunchy texture of the pickle..

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never had a pickle with cauliflower. Yours looks so amazing Amara. Great choice for C.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Slurp slurp, cant resist to this crunchy pachadi,loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all so much for all the encouragement and lovely comments:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally new to this recipes.... nice innovation

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this pickle. It has been ages since I made this. As Usha suggested adding sesame powder will definitely enhance the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  20. pickle with cauliflower is definitely a new one for me

    ReplyDelete
  21. Never tried pickle with cauliflower..You showed it simple and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thats an interesting pickle that too with a favourite veggie - cauliflower.... Incidentally your linkedIn links are showing day 2 rather than day 3

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have never made pickles with cauliflower. This looks very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  24. Never heard of cauliflower pickles and with all those spice it must be amazing!

    ReplyDelete