Follow me on Amara Recipes- Facebook

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Pidata kinda pappu/ Puffed rice Masala

Pidata kinda pappu is a very famous street food in Andhra Pradesh. They have all the ingredients especially a huge bag of puffed rice/maramaralu just laying out on the bandi. The smell is amazing when they prepare the snack too.

Again this is one of the street foods that is loved by all ages and super easy to make.

Preparation Time: 10 minutes 
Cook Time: 2 minutes 
Serves : 3-4

Ingredients:
Onion: 1 medium chopped finely 
Tomato: 1 small chopped 
Green chilies: 2 chopped 
Lemon : 1 
Red chili powder: 1/2 teaspoon 
Cilantro/coriander leaves: 3 teaspoons 
Sev : 3 teaspoons 
Salt to taste 

To be dry roasted:
Puffed Rice/Maramaralu: 2 cups
Peanuts : 2 teaspoons 
Roasted Bengal gram/putnalu/Dalia: 2 teaspoons 

Method:

Dry roast the puffed rice for 2 minutes and keep aside. 
Dry roast the peanuts and putnalu for 2 minutes.
Take a mixing bowl, and add all the ingredients except sev, chili powder and lemon juice and mix well. Add both of them and toss well. 
Garnish with sev and serve immediately.

I'm sending this to the monthly Blogging Marathon theme street foods. Week 2, Day 1.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#62












15 comments:

  1. This is so easy to put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mouth a;ready started watering....its difficult to resist

    ReplyDelete
  3. My all time favorite snack. Can munch on this any time. Great share Amara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mouth watering..... our favourite evening snacks. Yummmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the easiest snacks I do for my kid. Looks so inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure if my last comment went through. Anyway, this is my favorite snack, lunch, dinner and breakfast as well. I make it slightly different though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who cant resist to this ultimate dish, just drooling rite now.Wish i have puffed rice at home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can eat this all day long. What a delicious snack this is :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yumm, yumm!! Love this delicious 'chaat' any time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been ages since I heard this name. Different name but similar chaat and we all love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple yet delicious recipe....similar to bhel, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a flavorful snack - I need some now for a late night snack :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this looks like a wonderful snack to indulge!

    ReplyDelete