Follow me on Amara Recipes- Facebook

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Purple cabbage and red pepper fried rice

I've been busy with a family wedding and pretty much ran out veggies except a purple cabbage, a red pepper, baby corn and spring onions. I was in a bind as I have to pack lunch for the kids. So, I thought of making fried rice with what I have and change the sauces to compliment the veggies. It turned out so good kids loved it and my poor son came home hungry as his friends loved it and ate 3/4th of his box.
You can use red cabbage as a substitute if you can't find purple cabbage.

Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves : 3-4

Ingredients:

Rice : 2 cups washed and cooked
Purple cabbage : 3/4 cup
Red pepper: 1 diced
Baby corn : 5 cut into 1" pieces
Spring onions/ scallions : 1small bunch to garnish
Green chili sauce : 1/3 cup
Chili vinegar: 1 tablespoon
Soy sauce : 1 tablespoon
Fresh ground black pepper: 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste

Method:

Heat oil in a wok or a large pan, add purple cabbage and white part of scallions.
Sauté  for 1 minute and add red pepper and baby corn. Sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Add rice and rest of ingredients except scallions. Toss well and cook for 3 minutes.
Turn off the stove and add scallions and serve hot with any Chinese fry or gravy.







No comments:

Post a Comment