Follow me on Amara Recipes- Facebook

Monday, January 2, 2017

Brownies

Hot brownies with some ice cream is a favorite dessert for our family. My daughter loves to eat them as breakfast, lunch and dinner if I allow her.
I made these simple brownies from scratch. Both kids and their friends loved them. Of course my friends loved them too. This is my final post for Bake-a-thon 2016.

Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Makes : 15 pieces (13x9 pan)

Ingredients:

Butter : 10 tablespoons or 1 1/4 sticks
Brown sugar: 1 3/4 cups
Cocoa powder: 1/2 cup
All purpose flour: 1 1/4 cup
Bakers milk chocolate: 6oz chopped finely
Baking soda : 1 teaspoon
Eggs : 4 large
Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
Salt : A pinch

Method:

Keep a foil lined baking pan ready for less stickiness. If not using foil, grease the pan well.
Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Melt butter in a medium sized sauce pan on medium to low heat.
Add Sugar and stir well with butter.
Add cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt slowly and stir well to mix. Turn off the stove.
Whisk eggs in a bowl and add them to the cocoa mixture along with vanilla extract.
Stir in chopped chocolate.
Pour this mixture into the pan, spread evenly and bake the brownies for 20 minutes.
Cool them off for 10 minutes before cutting and to serve with ice cream. Brownies can be eaten plane once they are cooled off.










7 comments:

  1. Brownie and ice-cream is an awesome combination. I have similar plate and if I recall, I bought it from BBB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brownie with icecream, am ready to die for a plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moist and delicious looking brownie. I will never say No to that plate of warm brownie and ice cream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That brownie looks so sinful..I love this best with vanilla ice cream of course..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, if i can take that plate with ice-cream and brownie off the screen!! Grrrr! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete